The Organic Simple Shapes Of Mid Century Chairs
Some have an egg shape, some have a swan shape (keeping with mid century design’s affinity for forms in nature).
Some of The Eames Side Chairs designed for Herman Miller are most striking and recognizable examples of mid century modern chairs.
Some of the images are iconic and you may have seen them before.
Famous mid century chair designers include:
- Arne Jacobson (Egg And Swan Chairs)
- Hans Wegner (Shell chair / Smile Chair)
- Ludwig Mies van der Roh (Barcelona Chair)
- Eerio Saarinen (Womb Chair)
- Eero Aarnio (Ball & Bubble Chairs)
- And of course Ray and Charles Eames.
Click for 16 Most Popular Mid Century Modern Chairs for a quick study: 1stdibs.com