The Lodge Cast Iron reversible Grill/Griddle features a slight slope for a generous grease gutter. The Grill/Griddle measures 20-inches x 10-inches with an actual cooking surface is 19.25-inch x 8.5-inch, serious enough to straddle either a campfire or two burners on your stovetop. The reversible feature, of this crowd-pleasing cooker, means you can use the smooth side for cooking flapjacks, eggs, and grilled cheese sandwiches, and the ridged grill side for hamburgers, steaks and sausages. A slight slope drains fat into a generous grease gutter, and the two loop-style handles provide safe transport. Cast iron loves a campfire, a stovetop, or an oven, and can slow-cook foods without scorching. It retains heat well so you can sear meat at higher temperatures and will keep your delicious meals warm for a long time. Whether used in a kitchen or camp, theses virtually indestructible cookware should last for generations. Made of cast iron, this grill evenly distributes heat from the bottom through the sidewalls. Sporting a stylish black color, the cast iron cookware looks good in most kitchens and it doubles up as an excellent source of nutritional iron. This pre-seasoned grill is ready-to-use right out of the box. While the cookware comes pre-seasoned to prevent food from sticking, it works best when sprayed or lightly coated with vegetable oil before use. The Lodge seasoning procedure is a multiple-step process in which the seasoning oil is applied via an electrostatic spray system that coats the cookware, then it’s baked in commercial ovens at very high temperatures. This allows the oil to penetrate deeply into the pores of the iron. This seasoning process achieves a seasoned finish that would take many months of home use to achieve. Sometimes during this process, the seasoning oil can collect and create a bubble or slight drip at the bottom of the pan as it’s hanging through the production process. And that in turn can turn brown as it’s processed through the seasoning ovens. This brown spot is not rust but in fact, carbonized seasoning and will darken with use. The factory seasoning process makes Lodge cast iron products ready to use right out of the box, and the product over time “Just keeps getting better”. After cooking, clean with a stiff nylon brush and hot water. Using soap is not recommended, and harsh detergents should never be used. Towel dry immediately and apply a light coating of oil to utensil while it is still warm. Cast Iron, like your grandmother used, still ranks as one of the best cooking utensils ever made. It gives you a nearly non-stick surface, without the possible harmful fumes generated by preheating chemically treated nonstick cookware. The American-based company, Lodge, has been fine-tuning its construction of rugged, cast-iron cookware for more than a century. Glass lids are oven safe up to 400 degree fahrenheit
The American-based company Lodge has been fine-tuning its construction of rugged, cast-iron cookware for more than a century. No other metal is as long-lasting and works as well for spreading and retaining heat evenly during cooking. Lodge’s Logic line of cookware comes factory pre-seasoned with the company’s vegetable oil formula, and is ready to use right out of the box.
This professional-size cast-iron grill/griddle combo from the Lodge Logic series measures 20 by 10-1/2 inches (with an actual cooking surface of 19-1/4 by 8-1/2 inches), serious enough to straddle either a campfire or two burners on your stovetop. The reversible feature of this crowd-pleasing cooker means you can use the smooth side for cooking flapjacks, eggs, and grilled cheese sandwiches, and the ridged grill side for hamburgers, steaks, and sausages. A slight slope drains fat into a generous grease gutter, and the two loop-style handles provide safe transport. After the meal is done, simply scrub the cast iron with a stiff brush and hot water, no soap, and dry immediately. Lodge covers the sturdy griddle with a lifetime limited warranty against defects. This pan is guaranteed to pass down from one generation to the next. –Ann Bieri
- Pro-Grid Iron Reversible Grill & Griddle. The Lodge Pro-Grid Iron Grill & Griddle provides excellent heat retention and distribution and fits over two stovetop burners. Two easy grip handles allow for easy lifting, flipping or hanging when not in use. You can use this grill to cook pancakes and eggs or grill chicken and steak.
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get.
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility.
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America.